Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Work, Work, Work

Two weeks in NJ and I definitely feel as if I haven't left. It's very weird without Dan. I miss him terribly, and I'm beginning to get anxious about him coming up. I want it to happen right now, but I have to wait.

Waiting tables, as I have been doing now for two weeks, is like riding a bike. You never forget how to do it. With that, I'm also remembering how wired you get when you get home. I've been up since 8am and I can't go to sleep. I'm exhausted because I worked a double, but it's not happening. I'm getting really close to cracking open a bottle of wine (that my folks have) and begin chugging away. I'll either get drunk or fall asleep. Now I realize why a lot of waiters/bartenders have drinking problems.

Anyway, I have been good about searching for jobs and actually applying to them. The great thing is that I'm finding jobs to apply for, which was not the case in Miami. At least I have the hope that I'll find something soon. Once we both get jobs, I know we'll get back into the swing of things.

I'm also being good about my diet and exercise. Since I've been back, I've lost 6lbs. I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible. Although I haven't been to the gym, I have been walking on Blvd. East and the city. It has been too beautiful outdoors to go to the gym. I rather enjoy the view and not realize that I'm doing it for the exercise.

So that's my update. I'll try to post more often, but to be honest it will be hard. This week alone I still have three more doubles to work. I have now begun my apartment search, which I hope to have a place by Aug. 1st. Wish me luck!! I think I'll go to sleep now.

No comments: