Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Life Style this September

Classes have begun for me. As you may or may not know, I'm working on a Master's in Urban Education with an ESL Specialization. Besides the ESL certification, I'm going for a Bilingual certification (it's an additional six credits because the classes for both certifications overlap). I'm also taking an additional nine credits so that I could teach adults in a community college setting.

I'm really enjoying my classes, but man is it hard juggling being a mom, wife, worker, and student. My classes are held Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and one of my classes is online. Those days I don't work. Thursday and Friday I work doubles, which means I work two twelve-hour shifts. Saturday and Sunday are always booked (at least for the next few months) with birthdays and other events. Even though I'm home most of the day on Mon, Tues, & Wed, I really don't get much of a chance to read for my classes. I'm so distracted with Will around that nothing gets done. I have to get into my own rhythm and manage my time better (which means I shouldn't be doing this right now).

Anyway, that's what's going on with me. I must go now put away the laundry and get my place somewhat organized. Ahhhhh...

2 comments:

Nyla said...

Oh my, you sound super stretched! I don't know how you are doing it all! WOW!
A book that has helped me to stay on top of things with the house...and you may like it too...was Sink Reflections by The Fly Lady. Try it...I couldn't get it all done without it!
Hope things eventually slow down for you!

Xia Diaz said...

Just went to the website! I'm ordering it! Thanks!