Sunday, May 15, 2005

Paying Off

Weight loss update: 1.5 pounds lost!!!!!
Not only that, but I've lost three inches on back, two around my waist, two around my hips, and two around my thighs. This is my progress in one month. Since I'm loosing inches, I'm not discouraged about the lack of movement on the scale. For the first time, I actually saw my body in a different light. I was trying on some tops at a store today when I came across a very sexy blouse. It was slim fitting and when I tried it on I didn't look like a ten pound sausage in a five pound casing. I didn't buy it because I found it too sexy and don't feel that comfortable in my own skin yet. Otherwise, I would have walked out with on (of course after paying for it)! I probably should have bought it, but I found another top that I wouldn't dream of wearing a few months ago.

At any rate, I'm very pleased with my progress and especially with my determination. My mother-in-law thinks I'm obsessed with working out, which she's probably not that far off. The way I look it is if I'm not keeping track of what I burn or how much I workout, then I'm not going to see the results. This keeps me focused on my task. Everyone has a method to their own madness. I happen to work in this manner.

On a totally different subject, my job search is going well. I haven't been called for any interviews, but I'm very excited that I'm finding jobs that I am qualified for. This is such a relief compared to the jobs available in Miami. What is even more comforting is that I am finding a vast variety of jobs that I wouldn't mind doing. I'm sure once I'm up there my luck would drastically be enhanced!

No comments: