Thursday, October 26, 2006

Injuries, Injuries, Injuries

Of course when I happen to mention how I've been working out for a month, I get injured. I started off with my knee hurting when I walked down the stairs, which I found out was chrondomalacia (at least that's what I found in the internet). I stopped jogging and began icing my knee. Well, that seemed to work, but now it's an old injury I had. Several years ago, I overextended my left hip, which resulted in pinching a nerve. This was very painful for me. I had a hard time walking and had to limp. As a result, I spent six months without working out.

I'm feeling that pain again. I worked out today (nothing out of this world). There was no running involved. I went on the treadmill (walked), elliptical (lasted about 10 minutes), and the stationary bike (another 10 minutes). I'm not ready for working out. I stretched out a bit to see if my back will align itself. I don't want this to ruin my hiking (like it did last time).

That's my update. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do any of the activities I've wanted. I'm sad.

1 comment:

schrodinger said...

Awwwww. I hope you start to feel better very soon.