Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why? Why? Why?

This story breaks my heart (Child left alone in tub dies). This little girl was only 14 months old. That's how old Will is. Just the other day while I was giving him a bath, he was trying to climb out of his tub. He wasn't in the mood for a bath and stood up crying while a bathed him (something he never does). Imagine I would have a walked away? He would have climbed out of the tub and probably fallen and hurt himself badly.

I'm not sure if this woman is overwhelmed. Maybe she has too much on her plate. She has two other boys and was cooking dinner at the time of the bath. Trust me dinner could wait and so can a bath. I don't bathe Will everyday because he gets eczema behind his knees and bathing him more regularly would aggravate his condition more. I wouldn't bathe him during cooking time and I would never, never leave him alone.

This woman has to deal with the fact that she killed her daughter over something that could have been avoided. We always try to do too many things at once and it's just not worth it. Please don't leave your child unattended.

No comments: