Sunday, December 07, 2008

Big Change Coming Up

You know how I'm always complaining about the little time I have to do anything? Yeah, it's only going to get worse starting next month. Why? Well, I'm heading back to school! It's official! I got my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail. What I'm going for? Technically, I'm going for certification to teach ESL. Unofficially, I am going for a Master's in Urban Education with certification in ESL. I have to take the GRE in order to get accepted into the program, which I will since you need a 2.75 GPA for the program and I graduated with a 3.76. There is no difference between the two programs just the thesis courses. So once I take the exam, I officially get accepted into the Master's program.

To say the least, I'm excited and a little bit in awe. I've always dreamed of getting a Master's, but moving between three states in a matter of a few years, my lack of making a decision on what to do next, and money it always seemed like a distant dream. Well, not anymore. I'm very proud of myself for finally making up my mind about this. I'm a little scared, but once I'm in the program I'll be fine.

It's time to go! I have a haircut to get and a need to jump into the shower. Talk to you soon!

No comments: