Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hello!!!

Wow! Time is flying! I finished nursing the baby about twenty minutes ago, made coffee, spilled the coffee, paid some bills, and pumped. I was successful in putting the baby in the crib without him being asleep and him not complaining about it. I love it!! Daddy is still sleeping and so is the dog.

My goal this morning is to drop off the dog at the groomers and make it to the gym. Will it happen before 10 am? Why 10? Well, that's Will's next feeding. I'll probably be able to drop off the dog, come back home, nurse Will, pump, and then go to the gym.

So if my morning already seems hectic, why am I blogging? I need to! I've been trying to blog since the new year started and I just don't get to. I promised myself that once the new year starts that I would start doing activities that I did before the baby. Now of course, everything will have to be in moderation, but I need to do so.

The main one is exercising. Although I've been extremely lucky with my post-baby body, I need to get back into working out. I crave it. If my gym would open earlier than 6 am, I would go throughout the week. It's too late for me otherwise. I'm going to start off with the weekends and see if I could squeeze a workout during the week. We'll see.

The second thing I want to get back to is crocheting and knitting. This one is still tricky because we're not done settling into our apartment. But there are all these wonderful things I want to make and I need to soon.

The third thing I want to get into (and this is new) is baking. I've been messing around with different types of recipes trying to create something that will be a hit. I'm thinking of starting a little side business selling my baked goods. This one won't happen right away, but I'm hoping within the year I could get it up and running.

Since this post is sounding like a New Year's resolution, I want to say that this year I want to be more proactive with my life. I've already have made some changes within myself that seem minor to some, but are a big deal.

One thing is if I have a nagging feeling about something, I follow through. There have been many times in the past that I'll do something or something comes up where I that feeling creeps up and I just ignore it. Of course it always comes back to bite me in the ass. So no more on ignoring my feelings.

Part of being proactive is keeping up with lingering bills. For example, my student loans. I have to start paying some of them soon. So, I have to remind myself to do so. This may sound stupid to some, but I tend to forget (not on purpose either). By the way, I'm practicing what I'm preaching. I just went to the Sallie Mae site to check on my loan status. I'm still not in repayment. So, I'm good.

Another thing I want to work on is worrying less. I tend to worry about everything. I get this from my mother who worries about the most insignificant things in the world. I've always had that type of anxiety creeping up in me and I want to nip it in the butt. This anxiety has been most prevalent since the baby arrived. I now worry about things I can't control. For example, I worry about children not being taken care of correctly. I can't do this to myself. It's just not healthy.

Well, there you have it. Of course there's always more I want to chat about, but as you know my time is limited. The baby just woke up. Talk to you later!

No comments: