Saturday, January 10, 2009

I am Fitter Than Ever....

But not as much as I thought. It turns out that I haven't been able to run at 6.5-7.5 mph again. My theory? I was very stressed out when I went to the gym on that day. Whenever that's the case, I could go on for hours. I remember a long, long time ago I had gotten really angry about something and biked 10 miles without even thinking about it (and not through flat terrain either). I tend to do that. I have also been sore from working out, which might add on to my lesser speed.

One thing I tried that I haven't done in a long time were squats. I have a whole story behind squats. Back when I was in college, I took a weightlifting course. The first day of class, the professor had us do chair squats (sit and get up from a chair) for two hours. There were no weights involved, but just a bunch of us sitting and standing. I can't even begin to tell you how sore I was the next few days and two days later we did it again.

Back then, I was very overweight and doing squats was a mission for me. Regardless, I did them. I didn't want to be the fat girl that couldn't hack it. And of course I was the only overweight person in class. Throughout the semester, we added weights to those squats and they weren't an issue for me.

Fast forward to now. Since I can't make it to the gym whenever I want to, I tend to do mini workouts at home. I'll do push-ups or play Wii Boxing (don't laugh, it gets me going). The other night, I decided on squats. Well, I guess my legs haven't forgotten all those hours of squats I did for this class because I had to stop myself from doing them. I could have kept on going, but I did 50. I was afraid of not being able to walk the next day. Good thing that I did stop because man was I sore the following two days.

so, I'm off to to doing some push-ups and squats before going to bed. It's been a long day. I've been cleaning (and deep cleaning; oven and furniture moving). I'm exhausted. Good night!

No comments: