Thursday, September 02, 2004

Hurricane Frances

I know I said I was taking a three week break to study for the GRE, but there's something more important going on at the moment. We're preparing for Hurricane Frances. This is my first real hurricane, and frankly, I'm worried. Gas stations are running out of gas, Home Depot is running out of ply wood, etc. As of right now, I'm bringing in the small plants from outside. Later on, we'll have to bring in the patio furniture. One thing I'm upset about is if we have to go to a shelter, pets aren't allowed. I have no idea what we'll do if it comes to that. We can't leave all three dogs.

As of right now, the national weather center has not issued a hurricane warning for Miami-Dade County. We're just under a watch, which means I'll probably end up at work today. The only thing I could do at the moment is hope for the better. If all goes well, I'll blog again after the hurricane passes through (if there's no water damage inside the house; we live on a lake and have a pool) Either way, I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments: