Sunday, October 03, 2004

Eating Right

Eating Right

I have this argument with many people that think Atkins is the best thing that has ever happened to weight loss. I like this article that I found because it's exactly the type of diet I'm following (except for the alcohol). People don't realize that you have to restrict the amount of calories per day. Cutting carbs is a fast fix and you won't last very long on it. Besides, in order for your brain to function, you must eat carbs. Protein does not help your brain.

Two months ago I began restricting my calories. I went to the doctor about a week ago, and he told me to do low carb. What he didn't say was to restrict all carbs. He wants me to eat fruits, vegetables, whole wheat pasta, and anything that has a lot of fiber in it. I have lost 12 pounds so far, and dropped a size. For those of you that haven't seen me in a while, I've lost a total of 27 pounds. I'm very excited about this. I'm also not taking any diet pills or calorie burners. It's called discipline! My fellow readers that's what you need in order to loose weight.

No comments: