Friday, April 15, 2005

Energy Booster

Dan and I stayed home from work today because Dan woke up with yucky eyes and my right eye was yucky again. I guess it was a relapse on my part. I decided to take some Allegra because my doctor recommended that I do so to see if it would clear up my eyes. I'm very sensitive to medication, especially any allergy medicines. Allegra gets me going and then I crash.

It is a beautiful day here in Miami with a bright blue sky and a breeze that caresses your body to sleep. Needless to say, I chose to take a nap outside in the backyard. I grabbed a throw and fell asleep almost instantaneously. I have no idea how long I slept. I just know that it was a damn good sleep. Since I'm still under the influence of the allergy medicine, I was pretty groggy when I got up.

This is where being Cuban comes into play. And I know once I mention this I'll put smiles on your faces. I prepared soda con leche condesada (except I used diet Pepsi since that's all they drink in the house). For my non-Spanish speaking friends, I prepared soda with condensed milk. I know it doesn't sound appetizing, but don't mock it till you try it. My mom use to prepare it for my sister and I when we were little kids, and it always hit the spot.

The mixture of caffeine and the huge concentration of sugar got rid of my grogginess. Now I feel as if I could go out for a bit. My eye looks spectacular and I think I finally nipped this in the butt. Moral of the story: when you think you need an energy boost and have the above mentioned ingredients mix them together to feel better. Or for that matter, have it just as a treat. I do have to warn you that too many of those will make you gain weight faster than you could imagine.

No comments: