Saturday, April 30, 2005

Making More of an Effort

As you know, I love exercising. I have mentioned this in previous entries. I do have to be honest, though, my workouts haven't been as steady as I would like them to be. It is a combination of being sick every month, stressing out over work, and just plain tired. Even though I have lost a total of thirty pounds since I've moved down to Miami, I've been doing more maintenance than anything else. It would be two years in August that I have been living here. There should be more of a weight loss.

That said, I have to say that my body looks better than it did when I got married almost five years ago at the same weight. The big sacrifice came about this week. In order to loose a pound of fat you need to burn 3500 calories. Easier said than done. My new commitment is to burn 3500 calories a week, which would ensure (unless I pig out every day) loosing a pound a week. Theoretically, if I reduce my calorie intake by 500 calories a day I will loose an additional pound a week. Normally, I take in anywhere from 1200 to 1800 calories a day (at least I try).

I officially did burn 3500 calories this week. My workouts were, to say the least, intense. In fact if it weren't for the fact that I have a mixture of allergies and a cold, I would feel excellent. My goal is to loose another 35 lbs. in order to reach a healthy weight. If all goes as planned, I should reach this weight by October or November. I will also keep you posted on my success. If I blog about this I will be forced to continue my workouts even when I feel like sleeping in.

No comments: