Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Exercise

After five days of pink eye, I'm back at the gym tomorrow bright and early (although it's not bright since I'm there before the sun rises). Since the last time I was at the doctor's office, which was last month, I've gained 2.5 lbs. I told the doctor that I had begun weight training and recently had been on vacation, which probably is the result of the scale inching up. Either way, it freaked me out. I've been very careful with my weight for the last 1.5 years. One great thing about Miami is that I worked out a lot and lost 30lbs. I stopped working out after the New Year because my mother-in-law's hours changed at work. I use to take her to work and keep her car. Before we left to work we would go to the gym. She happens to have a membership to Bally's like I do. I began taking Dan to work and that made me loose interest in working out. The reason being that I spend between 3.5 to 4 hours in the car a day due to the new driving arrangements. Yeah, I don't think you could blame me.

Although I hadn't worked out since January, I decided to tough it out and begin my workouts again. This happened after I came back from NJ. Now I wake up at 4:30am to be at the gym at 5:00am. I cannot not workout. It just depresses me. I feel so much better after I hit that gym that totally amazes me. If I'm feeling good that means I'm attracting good stuff. I even have enough energy to deal with the kids and all those hours I spend in the car.

Now I know some of you think I'm crazy, but if you've ever done anything you like religously you know the feeling. You also may ask yourself why I don't workout at nights. The reason: I love spending time at home with Dan. We may not even hangout together, but we're under the same roof. Dan is not up that early in the morning, which means I'm not missing out on him. Not to say that I haven't worked out at nights because I do rollerblade at night (although I fell really hard during xmas and haven't since then). But I do it when I know that he's involved in something and won't be able to hangout with me. I think I'll start rollerblading on the weekends, though. My plan is to lose another 10lbs before I move back up. I have a big goal to achieve, but it will be all worth it.

No comments: