Wednesday, August 24, 2005

How I Will Deal With Stress

Stress levels have been steadily rising. I can't begin to tell you how much this whole move compounded with other stuff has been driving me crazy. I've been breaking out (I feel like a fifteen year old) and my insomnia has returned, which has further worsened the situation. My patience levels are slowly depleting at work because of my lack of sleep.

With all of that being said, I need to find a positive outlet for my stress because as you know, like attracts like. I don't need any more added stress. I'm hitting the gym tomorrow!! The fact of the matter is that I haven't worked out since I've moved up here. The thought of taking a bus to the gym really deters any thoughts of doing so. This is especially true since I work mostly doubles. So how am I all of a sudden hitting the gym? Well, I got the idea from Dan. I mentioned to him how I want to workout, but the bus situation just makes me want to stay in bed. His solution is to take the bus to the gym, workout, shower, and take the bus to work instead of Tania taking me in the mornings.

By actually doing this, I will get the exercise that I need, which will help me loose the last 17 lbs. that I need to reach my goal. My stress levels will diminish, which will make me happier and help me sleep at night. The last added benefit of working out is that I'll have more energy at work. I'm going to suck it up for a month until Dan gets here and do it.

No comments: