Saturday, November 03, 2007

Ahhh, My Weekly Update

I tried. I really tried hard to get some blogging time this past week, but obviously I wasn't successful. This one will be another quick one since Will is about to wake up to eat. Let me get going then.

The baby has been doing fine except for the fact that he has indigestion. Dan ended up taking him to the doctor yesterday because he was projectile for about 24 hours. It didn't happen with every feeding, but it was enough that we knew something was up. Everything is fine and he's not dehydrated in any way or loosing weight for that matter (he went from 10 lbs. on 10/24 to 10 lbs. 12 oz. yesterday). Can you say butterball? The doctor told Dan to get him chamomile tea and give it to him in 1 to 2 oz. increments whenever he seems in pain.

Will is not too crazy about the tea, but it did make him poop like a madman. After the explosive poop, he calmed down. This morning, I sterilized more water (10 mins. rolling boil) and made him 9 oz. of the stuff. Whatever works to keep him happy. I hate seeing him in pain. He does this pout thing with his mouth that totally melts my heart and makes me want to cry with him.

He's probably getting indigestion from something I'm eating. So, I've come to the conclusion that I better stick to chicken, rice, and potatoes. Anything crazier than that, and the little guy will suffer. He's inherited the sensitive stomach from me. I always have stomach problems.

Now on to the breast milk. I've figured out what my problem is. I'm definitely producing enough milk to feed him throughout the day, but not enough to store. This is why my frozen supplies are dwindling. I've been drinking the Mother's Milk Tea three times a day and I'm gradually noticing an increase in the supply. It hasn't been anything crazy, though. My goal for today, is to pump every 2 to 2 1/2 hours to see if that ups my supply.

Besides the tea I've been drinking, I've been having oatmeal and mixing condensed milk with coke (Cuban wives' tale). I've also been drinking as much milk as I can. I don't know if any of these remedies work, but you can't accuse me of not trying. We'll see what happens with this. Worst case scenario, I'll start blending formula with the milk. That's allow me to store more milk.

Well, that's it for today. I do have pictures to post, but I'm not sure when that will happen. Until next time!!!

No comments: