Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and stuffed your faces with plenty of food. My Thanksgiving turned out to be very nice. My side of the family and Dan's side got together. We had plenty of yummy food and dessert. Since this is a Cuban Thanksgiving (well except for my mom, she's a Spaniard), our table had turkey (of course, I made it), ham, pork, stuffing, arroz morro or con gris (it depends on which side of the island you're from), and yucca. For dessert, we had flan, dulce tres leche, and cupcakes for the kiddies. Not too shabby!

Dan and I had our traditional turkey sandwiches yesterday for lunch. These sandwiches are especially made by Dan. They're actually better than the meal. I won't divulge much of the recipe, but let's just say that he uses gravy as one of the ingredients. I wait all year long to eat these sandwiches. They're so freaking scrumptious.

Yesterday, we celebrated our friend's Frank's birthday. He had a little party at his place. It was a potluck dinner, but not just any potluck. You had to make something you've never made before. Several weeks ago, Dan had bought The Cookie Cookbook. So, I figured I'd make some cookies. I decided on the Cappuccino Spice Cookies. I went out got the ingredients I needed and started baking. Oh my god, they turned out to be so yummy! I must have gained ten pounds eating them. The birthday boy loved them too! When you get a chance, get your hands on a copy of this book. I don't think you'll regret it!

Last, but definitely not least, here's my little guy in his turkey outfit:

1 comment:

GClef1970 said...

He is so freakin' cute!!! Dan's secret sandwiches remind me of the Friends episode where Monica makes Ross his sandwiches with "the moistmaker" (a piece of bread soaked in gravy) and someone steals his sandwich at work. (if you're not a Friends fan, I guess that whole thing would be lost on you).
Glad you had such a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!