Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Happy Gobble-Gobble!!

I want to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. For those of you traveling, please be safe. This year I will not be making my turkey wrapped in bacon (which if you've had it before you know this is a shocker). Instead, we opted for a ter-duc-hen. If you haven't watched the FoodTV network, it's a partially deboned turkey stuffed with a deboned chicken and duck. The turkey is first, then they put in the chicken. And finally the duck gets stuffed into the chicken.

According to the FoodTV network, it's not a difficult task to debone the turkey, chicken, or duck. We decided to go the safe route by ordering the ter-duc-hen. It already comes seasoned and also with a cornbread stuffing with pork. I forgot the company that we ordered it from, but they fedexed the turkey. It arrived yesterday afternoon. We ordered extra cornbread stuffing (just in case). It looks very good. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Of course since we're Cubans, we are also having pork and a ham (my in-laws are convinced there won't be enough food with a 15 lb. bird--there's 14 of us in total). I'm in charge of making an asparagus rissoto and Sandra (my sister-in-law) is in charge of making mashed potatoes. On top of all this celebration, it's my father-in-law's (Frank) birthday. I'm expecting to have a lot of fun tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a fun filled day tomorrow. I'm not letting my flu (or Dan's--he's feeling like crap) get in the way. I have been looking forward to this holiday season. I guess it's because I miss all of my friends and family from up north. It won't be the same without them, but I'll have them in my heart. Enjoy!!!!!


1 comment:

cencibel said...

I hope you have had a happy Thanksgiving. I think it is a very important day in United States. As you can imagine, i have no idea about it....., but i think so because i saw it in movies or series of TV which are
programmed on spanish TV, and because the Kings of Spain have travelled to US to celebrate Thanksgiving with Bush senior and Bush junior, in orden to normalize relationships between US and Spain. I said you that it would happen soon or later.
Well, that's all for now, i´m going to bed. See you.