Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Jogging

For those that know me we, you know how I hate jogging. Better yet, I suck at it. Give me a bike, rollerblades, or the treadmill and I'm pretty good at it. I'm good at endurance. I could last long on the treadmill or rollerblading, but when it comes to jogging it just doesn't happen for me. If fact I'm so bad at jogging that I quickly go out of breath. Put me on the treadmill with an incline of 15 and 3.0 mph and I'm good.

Since I had such a bad day at school yesterday (I was trying to stop a fight and got slammed into a door handle, amongst other things that went on), I had so much adrenaline running through me that I decided to go out for a jog. I jogged on and off for a mile and walked a half mile. I didn't feel so bad. I accomplished more than I thought I would be able to. Of course, I'm paying for this today. My lower back is sore from the door handle and my legs are feeling a bit sore. No gym or jogging for me tomorrow.

The reason I hate jogging is because I always feel like the fat girl that can't keep up with the other kids. That's the one thing that always makes me feel inferior. Let's face it, if you're carrying extra weight you're going to run slower. I think that's why it bothers me. But I'm proud of myself for giving it a shot. I think I'm going to start jogging a few times a week. I need to incorporate all the different exercises I can in order to keep my body guessing.

Of course I'll keep you posted on my progress. My goal for right now (I have so many goals!) is to run a half mile without stopping. Now that I remember, there was only one time in life that I ran a mile without stopping, and that was I believe when I was a freshman in high school. Anyway back to my goal. I want to really challenge my heart. I'll let you know when I accomplish it.

No comments: