Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Insomnia

This cold or flu that I have has now caused insomnia. I'm so uncomfortable sleeping that I had to get out of bed. I have such bad congestion that my chest feels tight, which is beginning to worry me. I think it's time for me to pay a visit to the doctor's office. I've been trying to fight this cold for about a week and a half. I'm having plenty of vitamin c and fluids.

I have now been awake for the past half hour (it's 4:45am), which really sucks. I'm full of energy, which means I won't be sleeping anytime soon. Now that I think back, ever since I moved to Miami, I've been getting sick on a consistent basis. Actually, it began when I started teaching. For a straight school year, I was visiting the doctor every month. Since I've been back, I've been sick twice. This is something new to me because I wasn't a sickly child. I feel that I take care of myself by eating as right as possible, covering myself up when I go out, and now taking vitamins.

I think I need a good meditation session. Hopefully this will balance me out and I'll be able to fall asleep.

No comments: