Thursday, July 13, 2006

Some Catching Up

As of today, I am done with my training. Yay, this means I start making money! Saturday is my first real shift. The people I've met so far are nice. Some are very eccentric, but that goes with the territory. It seems that I'll have a good time working there.

On other news, my finger is doing well. I tried taking pictures of it, but they were not coming out. The finger is still slightly swollen. I do have a lump on the side where the skin was flapped open. I'm hoping in time that will smooth out. The bottom part of my finger does have hard scarring. I think that'll stay the same. I have a similar scar on my pinky from falling when the buckle of my rollerblade snapped off. This happened a year and a half ago. I still have the scar. It's scarring from the inside, which is visible by looking rather white and feeling hard.

Now that I'm going to have somewhat of a normal life, I do seriously want to work out. I know, I keep on saying that and don't follow through. I want to get into it before my life gets hectic, again. I want to be fit by the time I go back to school. So, I have six months to do so. I don't want to go crazy, but I do want to lose twenty pounds. I think that's a very reasonable goal to accomplish in the six month time frame. I would have to lose about 1.5 lbs. a week. That's not impossible.

I want to attempt to go to the gym tomorrow. I don't know if tomorrow is a good day to start because I have a wedding to go to at 4. It may be just a tad too hectic. Nonetheless, I would like to start no later than Sunday. My goal is to go 4 to 5 times a week and burn 700 calories a work out. The 700 calorie goal might be a lot at first, but I don't have a problem reaching it. That will take me a little over an hour to reach.

Ok, now I'm going to sleep. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

all that's right, or not said...

Tell me about your job. Good luck with the gym thing, I gotta get back to a routine too, my gut is growing!