Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weddings are Fun!

My hectic week ended with the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended. I'm very happy for the couple. They are just wonderful people and they deserve all the happiness that comes to them. The bride looked absolutely gorgeous and the groom very handsome. I loved how the bridesmaids were dressed. They were all in black. The dressed that the bride picked flattered each one of the bridesmaids. That's important! Sometimes brides don't think about that.

The wedding was so much fun. I can't believe how much dancing I did! I was in three inch heels and never took them off!! I danced so much that if I hadn't been completely and utterly exhausted (and beginning my hangover), I would have showered when I got home. Instead, I took off my dress and passed out. My feet suffered the most (I wonder why). My toes are numb. Not all of them, but some are. I'm starting to get some feeling back, but it's not a very pleasant experience.

Saturday morning wasn't fun getting up at eight in the morning. Boy, was I hungover! I never got drunk last night, but I did continuously drink throughout. Right after the ceremony, a group of us went to Houlihans for drinks to kill sometime since the reception wasn't for another hour and a half. It all started there! Not to mention the drinking we did during the cocktail hour and throughout the entire reception.

I did, however, suck it up and went to work. By noon, I was fine. I made sure I drank lots of fluids and the headache went away. I am beat up. I don't remember the last time I danced so much. Usually, I'm somewhat shy about dancing. It will take me awhile to get out on the dance floor. Not at this wedding! The minute the music started, I was out there dancing. I think it had a lot to do with my friends. The group of us that were there are really good friends. Give us a couple of drinks and we were all dancing queens! Of course, the men sat out most of the songs. It was just the girls dancing away.

What a fun night! This makes me want to do something really big for when Dan and I renew our vows. Hopefully, we'll be able to pull it off.

No comments: