Friday, September 22, 2006

Little Hiking but....

Man did we have a great time! We didn't hike, but we actually did some mountaineering. It was such a gorgeous day yesterday. The day was crisp and cool, but warm enough that a jacket wasn't always needed. I love being in nature. We went to Bear Mountain State Park, which is a place I hold dear to my heart. My parents would always take my sister and I there when we were kids. We always had so much fun. The park, as you could imagine, is breathtaking and enormous. There is so much to do there.

We ended up on Perkins Drive, which is a long winding road that leads you to a tower. Once you're up by the tower, you see a whole range of mountains. The view is spectacular. I absolutely loved it. All the worries in the world just vanish from your mind when you see how perfect this world really is.

DSCN0992

If I could live near a mountain, I would be extremely happy. My ultimate dream would be to buy a home in an area like that. The fresh, crisp mountain air calms me in such a way that is hard for me to explain. I would be able to hike in my own backyard! Someday, it will happen. Until it does, I'll keep going back and take tons of pictures.

DSCN0975

Here's me being silly:

DSCN0998

DSCN1002

1 comment:

GClef1970 said...

Awww, you're making me miss NY.
:-(
Looks like a beautiful time.