Monday, September 26, 2005

Louie

Let me start off by saying that my doggy, Louie, has always been somewhat of a grouch. He doesn't like people petting him, he hates kids, and will growl at you if you're bothering him. When he does something wrong and I discipline him, he answers back by barking really loud. Once left alone, he lays around and pretty much sleeps. It's not that he's super mean or anything like that. He's a loner.

Well, a twenty-five hour road trip changed that real fast. He's just a doll. When he sees us, he runs upto us and puts his paws on our legs so that we could carry him. He gets along with the other two dogs that are in Dan's aunt's house (this is where we're staying momentarily while we wait for the keys to the apartment). He still barks at strangers, but he calms down much quicker. I even left him unleashed last night (which I never did because he would purposely pee on the floor if left unsupervised) and he stayed on his bed all night. No messy floors to clean up this morning.

Dan and I are amazed. We're not sure if this will be a momentary change, but I hope it becomes permanent. I think the fact that he doesn't have to compete with his brother is another factor to his behavioral change. He must also be a bit scared about the move. Unfortunately for him, we haven't settled in yet. I hope this goes quickly for him.

No comments: