Sunday, September 18, 2005

Update

We've officially found an apartment. After many dead end calls, I hit the jackpot. For a minute, I thought Dan and I wouldn't be able to find a place to live in. But at the last second, things turned around for us. We'll be moving into the Bronx right next door to my best friend (I'm very excited about that one). All of this is occurring October 1st, which is just in time since Dan will be up here by then.

I'm super excited about this right now, but I can't wait until we're settled in. It's going to be so nice to be alone. I love my in-laws to death and I'm very grateful for all they've done for us, but being alone with Dan for the first time in over two years will be a blessing. I've been dreaming about this day for a long, long time.

The apartment building we're moving into is in a great location. The subway entrance is right under the building, which makes it ideal for commuting into the city. The building has a total of six floors with an elevator, indoor garage, and a laundry room. There is also a dentist's office inside the building. The landlord is super nice and very helpful. Did I mention that my best friend will be right next door to me? Literally, right next door. We share a wall.

The apartment, itself, is a one bedroom with a galley kitchen and a dining room/living room. The apartment is fairly large. I have no idea what the square footage is, but it's a nice size for the both of us. The apartment is also bright with large windows in both the living room and the bedroom. We also have airconditioners in each room. They are below the windows (in the walls). So, they have to be installed by the owners.

I'm flying down to Florida on Tuesday (my birthday) to pick-up Dan. We will be driving up and returning by Saturday. Hopefully, the move won't take long and we'll be settled in pronto. It's going to be a hectic month, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll finally have Dan back with me and we'll be alone. Can't wait!!

No comments: