Thursday, March 22, 2007

Being Pregnant and Sick

Is horrible! I, again, have some type of stomach virus or flu. The two times I attempted to eat breakfast yesterday resulted in me violently throwing it up. My food choices: white rice, mashed potatoes (no milk or butter), and gatorade. On top of the vomiting, my body ached as if I were getting a fever. Luckily, I am able to take Tylenol, which helped me in that department.

The worst thing that did happen to me last night was taking my prenatal vitamin. I hadn't thrown up since breakfast and figured that I was safe. Boy, was I wrong. I take my vitamins right before I go to sleep to avoid any discomfort (vitamins have always messed me up). As I'm laying in bed about thirty minutes after taking them, I got this burning feeling from my stomach all the way to my neck. I got up and ran to the bathroom and the rest is history. That vomiting burned my throat. It's still sore this morning and my voice is raspy. Can you believe that?

I feel better this morning and just had some non-saltines with a little bit of butter. I need to eat! Hopefully, that will stay in my stomach. The worst feeling is not being able to eat. I get so light headed and feel guilty about not feeding the baby. He/she didn't get any vitamins last night either! I'm sure it will be fine, but I still feel guilty.

I think I'm going back to sleep. Last night, I slept with the pillows propped up and didn't rest enough. Even though I just got up, I can't keep my eyes open. So, back to bed it is.

No comments: