Thursday, March 01, 2007

A Little Bit of Everything...

This week has been good so far with morning sickness. The last time I threw up was Friday. I've also noticed that my appetite has grown. I wonder if the lack of morning sickness has anything to do with my increased appetite. I'm not complaining! Last week, I spent eating ham and cheese sandwiches. Now, I'm eating other stuff. Although, I have to say that last night's dinner kind of bothered me. I'm not sure if me being extremely hot had anything to do with it, but I thought I was going to hurl. I didn't! What I did do was pass out on the couch for a few hours, which ruined my night. I couldn't fall back to sleep.

One thing I can't live without now that I'm pregnant is ice cold water. It's insane. I drink more water now than I ever had. If it isn't ice cold, than I don't want it. Weird. Occasionally, I drink soda, but I just don't like it. Water makes my stomach feel better. Not a bad thing to be hooked on. I drive Dan crazy with this ice water thing. At least he now knows not to give me water without ice.

I've always had vivid dreams. In fact, I still remember dreams from when I was young enough to still be in a crib. Although, there is one particular dream I thought was real. I remember being awake and seeing King Kong out my window. I called for my mom and of course she didn't believe me. That vision has always stayed with me. Anyway, I digress. I don't think my dreams have been more vivid lately, but I remember them more clearly. A lot goes on in these dreams. I enjoy them.

Next Wednesday I have to see two different doctors. The first one is for the first trimester screening, which determines if the child has down syndrome. That's a big one. I haven't thought about it much, but it does linger in the back of my mind. The second one is my monthly check up. I'll probably get another sonogram. This doctor I go to has the machine right in the office. I'm eager to see how much the baby has grown. Genitalia drops at twelve weeks. I may be able to get a peak. Chances are I won't see anything, but it would be cool if I did.

So that's all that's been going on with me. I'm feeling better each day as I reach the end of the first trimester. We're getting a new bed delivered this weekend, which I hope improves my sleep. Other than that, I'm good. As long as I don't throw up anymore, I think I'll be fine. Chat with you soon!!

1 comment:

all that's right, or not said...

LOVE hearing about how you are doing!! Enjoy every minute cause it really goes fast. xoxox