Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Not Feeling Great

My in-laws were up for the weekend, which let me tell you was non stop going out. I'm still tired from it. We all had a great time (I hope they did, too), but man are Dan and I exhausted. If I could fall asleep (and stay asleep), I would be feeling better by now. I can't begin to tell you how horrible I slept last night. Part of the reason is that I now have a bad sore throat. My father-in-law was sick this weekend. Even though I tried to stay away from him, we took plenty of pictures together. Of course now I'm sick. Hopefully, it won't progress further than the sore throat.

The heat has already had its effects on me. I became so hot in the subway yesterday on my way to work that I thought I was going to pass out. Poor Dan, he looked so worried. The cart had no air conditioning and it was packed with people (not a good combination). For the next few days, it will be in the mid to upper 80s and I'm not sure how I'll cope with it.

My belly is also bothering me at night. At least twice a night, when I move around in bed, my belly really hurts. I don't know if I'm moving too fast or what, but man does it hurt. I'm not a happy camper. I'll ask my doctor about this today to see if I'm doing something wrong.

On a great note, Will has been moving around tremendously. He totally responds to Dan whenever he grabs my belly. Dan gets such a kick from it. Let me tell you, whenever he's hungry, he lets me know. He starts kicking me hard. After I'm done eating, he also kicks around, but it's not as hard. He's so yummy!

By the way, yesterday marked my sixth month of pregnancy. I find that time is going relatively fast. It seems so long ago when I found out we were pregnant. Three months from now, we'll have a little baby. We really can't wait!!!

We've also finally agreed on his full name: William Daniel Diaz. I convinced Dan on the middle name (with the help of everyone else that heard the name). I find the name to be strong and flows perfectly. Now, he'll have his father's name, too. My side of the family loves it and so does his. Perfect!!

Well, got to jump in the shower. Wish me luck on my throat!

2 comments:

Sunflowerfairy said...

I remember the whole too much heat/ready to pass out thing so well. I also had alot of problem breathing because he'd kick my lungs all the time and then he grew too big. I'd wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air. It was awful!

BUT! It's soo worth it. He's a blessing- both yours and mine. ;)

Xia Diaz said...

Thanks so much!!! I totally I agree. I wouldn't trade this time for the world.