Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Finished!

As much as I wanted to take my time reading the last Harry Potter book, I devoured over 500 pages in the last two days. I loved the entire book from start to end. Her writing has a way of sucking you in. So much happened in this book that I'm not sure how it will translate once they make it into a movie. Either way, I highly recommend you reading all of the 7 books.

I'm sad it is over and won't have anything like this again. While growing up and even now, I've always spent my time reading. I live through the characters I read as if I were part of the story. One thing I have to say is that I never read a series of books that caused so much emotion in me. The author has a way of writing that doesn't allow you to think of anything else. If I had wanted to, I could have read the book in a day. This book has 759 pages! That's a whole lot of reading.

Now, I could devour any book at anytime, but not the way I've done with these books. I wish there was anything remotely close to this while I was growing up. I read the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice and even those don't compare to the Harry Potter series. They didn't inspire as much emotion in me. I hope that she comes up with some other wonderful series. I'll be the first one to buy her book.

2 comments:

GClef1970 said...

I haven't read any of the HP series because the storyline isn't really one that sparked my interest. BUT, I totally get what you're saying about reading and leaving characters behind. I have often thought that there was something inherently wrong with me that I would get so attached to feel as if I had just left a friend behind at the end of a book. And, the speed at which I read them didn't help. Growing up, my brother used to tell me that I "ruin books" because I read so fast. Right there with you, XD.
:-)

gretchen said...

Yay! Another HP fan! I just got home from vacation and read it on the way- so I'm feeling double letdown- vacation is over and so is the book. I think JK Rowling is just brilliant. I mean, it's the classic good/evil battle, but it's written so well! I cried at least 3 different times- will have to write about it on my blog at work tomorrow :-)

PS Happy Anniversary!