Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Baby was Shy!

We didn't get to find out the sex, but in three weeks we will. I'm a little disappointed, but the baby is not ready to let the world know what he/she is. That's ok, another three weeks won't kill me. The appointment went well. I got some more blood drawn (something I'm use to by now) and everything is going really well.

From way before I was pregnant, I knew I probably have a big kid. My mom, who is only five feet tall, had a 9.7 lb. baby (not me, my sis). My sister's kids were all big. It's only natural to think I would have big babies. I was a little concerned that I haven't gained weight. Well technically, I've gained three lbs. Not that I'm complaining, but I want to make sure the baby is growing fine.

So after the sonogram was done, my doctor took a look at the pictures and said "You have a very big baby. It weighs five ounces." At this stage of my pregnancy, the baby should be weighing around two and three quarter ounces. I'm obviously eating enough for the both of us. He/she is sucking up all of my nutrients, which is why I'm probably not gaining weight. It also hasn't helped that I've been sick.

Here is my little tyke. The first picture is of his/her left arm. The middle is of his/her face and body. The last one you could see his/her spine. The baby's heartbeat is at 154 beats, which is very good. My doctor told me that I have nothing to worry about. She says that I'm eating very healthy and to keep it up. Eventually, I'll gain the weight.

I had kind of figured that was the case, but you could never be sure. My body lets me know when I'm hungry. As long as the baby is growing, I have nothing to worry about. I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I did (daddy too). In three weeks, we'll find out if it's a boy or a girl!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

130-150 beats normally indicates it is a boy. 150-170 normally suggests it is a girl.

GClef1970 said...

BEAUTIFUL!!