Monday, April 23, 2007

Great Weekend

I couldn't ask for a nicer weekend. It started off with a Peewee game that Dan coaches. Every Saturday morning for the next few weeks, Dan and Guy coach a Pee Wee league where Isaac (Guy's son) is playing. The kids playing are absolutely adorable and have been improving their game. I have so much fun watching them. I designated Louie as the mascot of the team by bringing him to the games. This is a great way to get him acclimated to kids (he kind of has to get use to it). He seems to enjoy himself very much. He quietly sits around and watches the kids play. He's even let kids pet him.

Later on in the evening, Dan and I went to Kensico Dam. We had ourselves a little picnic and enjoyed the weather very much. The dam is very impressive. It's just amazing that on the other side there's a whole lot of water. After we left the park, we stopped and had some ice cream. It was just nice and relaxing. We went home and fell asleep by 10 pm.

Sunday was also very nice and fun. We went to a Mets game (even though we're Yankee fans). We went with a group of people (including Guy, Sal, Isaac, and India) because it was Autism Awareness Day at Shea Stadium. Some of the proceeds of the tickets sold goes to different Autism organizations. We couldn't have asked for a better day to go to a ball game. We had loads of fun. I haven't been to a baseball game since I went to see the Yankees play in Baltimore, which was before I even moved down to Florida.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to many more weekends like this one. I want to be out and about enjoying the weather. I want to see if next weekend we could do a barbecue. Hopefully the weather will be just as beautiful. Well, you know where I'll be on Saturdays (along with Louie). Sundays, I'm designating as going to some type of park day. I'm also looking into the future and picturing what it will be like next spring and summer when my little munchkin will be around (I can't wait).

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I did. We all need some fun to ease out stress. There's nothing better than being out with friends and family!

No comments: