Saturday, January 14, 2006

I Hate it When This Happens

Last night one of my wonderful tables (I'm not being sarcastic), personally handed me a tip. Most people don't do that. They just get up and leave. Maybe if you're lucky, they'll say goodnight. This table wanted to let me know that I gave them excellent service. With the tip was a pamphlet. The lady went on to tell me that the pamphlet was about Jesus Christ. The reason for them giving me this bit of info on Jesus Christ was to let me know that he cares about everyone, including me.

I'm not going to criticize them. They didn't mean any harm. I just don't like it when people try to push their religion on me. It just bothers me. If I would have turned around and said "I don't need to be saved and I don't need others to tell me that Jesus Christ cares about me. In fact, Jesus Christ was a person that had a true connection with God or the Supreme Being (however you like to call him/her) and we could all be as great as he was if we look inside ourselves." They probably feel I'm being blasphemous and not very comfortable with my answer.

That answer is really mean, and I would never say that to anyone. I try not to be mean to others. Sometimes it does slip out of me, and I then try to correct the situation. I don't try to push my spirituality onto others, either. The only person that ever hears what I truly believe in is my husband (my friends know of my spirituality, but don't know the extent of my belief). He actually doesn't buy into some of it and I'm so fine with it. Everyone is here to fulfill their own reality. I also don't like sharing this with others because I feel it's very private (although I've been thinking of starting a separate blog dedicated to my spirituality).

Starting a blog is totally different. If you don't like what I'm writing about, then you don't have to read it. If you're handing me a tip with info on religion, then you're kind of forcing me to listen to you. See the difference? Besides, I don't find it appropriate that you're doing this at someone's job (it doesn't matter that you're having dinner, it is still somebody's job to take care of your dining experience).

No comments: