Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"Now" is Working

Focus on the "Now" is what I keep on saying to myself. Well, I'm practicing what I'm preaching. My friend Darlene called me to rollerblade since it was beautiful out. At first, I told her I would let her know if I had the time. After I hung up the phone with her, I realized that I was worrying about being at work on time. So, I picked up the phone and told her I would meet her at one.

Needless to say, I had a wonderful time. We rollerbladed for almost two hours and I even went down hills (I fell once going down hill, and I've been scared ever since). Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the spring like weather we experienced today. If I would have focused on work, I would have never gone rollerblading. As a result, the rest of the day was fun.

See, you could do it, too. Slow down a bit and enjoy what's going on around you. It will make the day much more fun, and you'll probably get more out of the day. Have fun!!

No comments: