Saturday, January 28, 2006

Stress

I pride myself in meditating about every single problem that comes up. With all the meditation I do, I should be in a monastery somewhere speaking to no one but God. Yet, I can't get my face to clear up (although, I think I'm making a breakthrough). My problem is not the meditation, but me. I worry about every single little thing. I wake up in the morning and I'm already thinking about whether or not I have enough time to do what I want before I leave to work. Or I try to play out every single solution out in my head. I don't seem to enjoy the moment because I'm thinking about later.

However, having said that, I think I finally accomplished living in the "Now" today. I had to be at work at 9:30am for a meeting. Instead of leaving super early like I do for work (I worry that I'll be late even though it only takes me 25 minutes to get there), I left at nine. I stressed about it for about a minute, but the day was so beautiful that I was engrossed in my happy thoughts. After the meeting, Dan I decided to drive around and enjoy the day. I was having such a great time that I could care less about anything else.

Living in the moment is so important and gratifying that I suggest everyone try it at least once a day. Do something that you enjoy and thoroughly enjoy it. Don't think about anything else that's going on in your life. Just think about what you're doing at that moment and nothing else. In fact, I dare you to dedicate ten minutes a day to this activity. Call it your self-time or whatever makes you happy and try it. Once you become comfortable with the idea increase it to other things you do throughout the day, whether it's exercising, cooking, or reading. Really, whatever it is that you enjoy.

I'm going to practice what I preach. My goal is to spend the entire day living in the "Now." I feel we tend to sabotage our feelings and luck because we worry about things that haven't occurred. We all do this. This brings us to attracting negativity. I remember, way back when I was single, that every time I would start a relationship, I would always envision the end of it. Each and every single time, I would think about how we would break up and why. Every single time we would break up and for the reason I thought of. This was also true when I fell in love with Dan. Except I didn't think about breaking up, but being together.

Our thoughts create reality, whether you believe it or not. This is why it's so important to think of the moment. By enjoying the moment, you create positive vibrations that will enhance your life. Don't you see that when you are depressed or sad, things just don't go your way? Things haven't been going my way because I don't enjoy the "Now" in my life. Worrying does nothing but bring more negativity into your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree that worring is a waste of time unless you have a reason to. Of course there is some worring that is helpful. For instance, you can worry about your future, what it is you need to do to improve it and how you think it will turn out. Worring about saving money for the future and having a structured home to bring your kids up in is also important. Now that type of worring is not a waste of time. You should try it.