Friday, July 30, 2004

Being a Kid Again

It was about 8:30 pm last night when I decided to go into the pool with Dan's little cousin, Christopher. It began drizzling and I figured we should stay in the pool as long as it didn't thunder. Christopher was happy and we were playing around. It then began to pour that I could barely keep my eyes open. We kept on tossing the beach ball back and forth. The best part is that my sister-in-law, Sandra, my mother-in-law, Marta, and Christopher's parents, Lucy and Carlos come out to the backyard. Sandra and Marta decided to jump into the pool with their clothes on. Lucy and Carlos are now taking pictures and it's pouring even harder.

We were having so much fun in the pool. Christopher was having a blast because he was being tossed all over the pool. I felt like a little kid swimming around in the pool while it was raining. It felt great! After we got out of the pool, Sandra and I sat around and laughed about it. The best part is that Christopher (since he's almost nine years old) won't forget about this. He'll always remember how we let him stay in the pool while it was pouring. Of course I won't forget about this, either. I think it's good for your soul to act like a kid once in a while. You forget about all the worries you have on your mind and focus on having fun.

No comments: