Friday, July 09, 2004

Bites

Ever since Dan and I moved to Miami, I've learned a valuable lesson: Always carry a tube of Benadryl cream. Why you might ask? Well, it turns out that I'm allergic to mosquito bites. What ends up happening is that I don't only get one bite, I get 4-6 bites in one area. As you can imagine, I become extremely swollen.

One time, I had 7 bites on my right foot. I thought I would have to go to the hospital because my foot looked as if it were going to explode. Luckily, a coworker of mine went to Walgreens and got me some Benadryl, but not the cream. Needless to say, I became very sleepy at work.

What's great about the cream is that you don't get sleepy, and could function like a person that is not on drugs. When I first got here, though, I was taking Benadryl syrup and I spent a lot of time sleeping. Not a good thing when you have a job. The cream stops the itching and reduces the swelling, which is extremely important.

Just to give you an idea on how much these little buggers love me, I have five bites on my left leg. I also have two bites directly opposite of each other under each arm. The weirdest part about this is that I've become accustomed to having these bites.

No comments: