Sunday, July 25, 2004

Winning Miss Chubby Contest

Yup that's the record I want to hold.  I want to be the fattest person in the country.  This contest was held in Italy and it was meant to show that being stick thin is not always the best way.  Newsflash:  Neither is being the fattest!  Everyone knows that models or actresses have those great bodies because they have the time and could afford personal trainers and chefs.  Now beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but health isn't.  Weighing 200-400 lbs. is not healthy.  This is not an issue of being beautiful. 

I'm not at a healthy weight, either.  I'm not as disciplined as I should be with my workouts.  I don't have a self image problem, either.  So, I don't need to prove to anyone anything.  I recognize that I should eat less and workout more.  This is not an easy task.  Even though I love working out, I have a hard time going regularly.  Last week, I worked out three times.  I really want to work out more, but I  need to make more of a commitment.  This contest is an atrocity to all men and women.  

Giovanna Guidoni, the winner, said she came in second place last year.  The organizers of the contest stated that her success is due to her being an owner of a restaurant.  She weighs in at 416 lbs., and she is only 20 yrs. old.    This woman will probably not live to see her 30's or 40's if she keeps up at that rate.  Instead of making her a winner, they should have doctors teach her how to eat and exercise.  They should make a contest on who is healthier, not skinnier or fatter. 

No comments: