Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Cole-Style Attacks

On a previous post, "Smuggling Goes Underground," I pointed out how underground tunnels are being built into the United States in order to smuggle people and drugs. I have a new spot we are vulnerable in. This new spot is vast, actually 361 ports. You got it! "Coast Guard: US Vulnerable to Cole-Style Attacks," is the article I stumbled across that states we are very vulnerable.

Has anyone heard about this, today? I sure haven't. In fact, I pretty much spend enough time on the internet scanning articles. For those of you that do the same, you know that every major news source has the same articles. The article was not even on the main page of wirednews.com. I was searching through their website, and happened to find it.

Now, I find this to be alarming news. Don't you? This actually crossed my mind. I was watching a documentary on the History Channel on how German spies were actually living in the US during the Hitler era. These spies posed as American citizens (like the sleeper cells in the US now) and trained in Germany to infiltrate the US. They actually took a ship back into the US to plan an attack. Anyway, my point is that this is not something the US has not experienced before.

You would think this would be headline news everywhere, but it's not. Why? Shouldn't the citizens of the US be informed on what could happen? I think so. Why haven't Bush or Kerry addressed these issues? Why hasn't the media jumped on this? Why, why, why? Well, I'll let you make up your minds on this. I could come up with quite a few different reasons why this is not so public. In the meantime, all I could do is inform you of what's going on.

No comments: